Drive less, surf more
Progress faster and safely
Support a cool projectSupport gonna.surf
Gonna.surf is supported by user donations, and your contribution can help sustain the project.
A project with a mission and values
Gonna.surf exists to make surfing easier, more safe and sustainable.
Here's what we're creating:
- We're innovating on how to present surf forecast in order to make it easier to know where to go surfing, and spend less time driving from one coast to the other.
- We're providing tips about the surf spots so that you can make the most out of them.
- We're writing surf etiquette and safety guides to keep the experience enjoyable for all and prevent accidents.
Gonna.surf chose to focus on the user experience, and therefore includes no advertising in its website. We don't track users, and don't share their data with third parties.
A project with an exciting roadmap
300+ hours have already been spent working on the project, and we'd love to be able to spend hundreds more to bring even cooler features:
- Create a detailed surf forecast for more advanced surfers
- Recommend where to go surfing depending on the current conditions and crowd levels
- Publish spot guides for all the important spots around (except for the local/secret spots)
- Let visitors book a photoshoot, surf classes and more directly on gonna.surf
- Produce helpful resources promoting surf etiquette and safety
- Cover more regions and countries
- Innovate in surf forecasting by generating 3D wave shape simulations, based on weather and bathymetry data
Contribute to the future of gonna.surf
Has gonna.surf been helpful to you already? We surely hope so. If you like, we'd appreciate you helping us back.
As a local company related to the surf industry, you might want to sponsor the website in exchange for some visibility: check our sponsorship offer.
📢 Talk about us
We rely on word of mouth to gain visibility. Show gonna.surf to other surfers who might benefit from it. This would be of great help, especially since we don't use advertising and paid social media posts.
✍️ Write or work with us
Would you like to blog about your surf experience here, and share tips online? We can host your content.
We're open to collaborations. Are you a writer, designer, marketer? Would you like to help making gonna.surf better? Let's talk.
Freelance contracting opportunities are occasionally available. If we're a good match, you could even become co-founder of gonna.surf.