What's new on gonna.surf
Wondering what we've been up to recently? Here's an (almost) complete history of the website.
v5.5.0 - 4 Surf spots for improvers
Release date: 2023-12-02
- Publish a new article recommending 4 surf spots specifically interesting for improvers.
v5.4.0 - Update surf spots webcams directory
Release date: 2023-11-05
- Update some links to surf webcams, as the pages have been moving around on host websites.
v5.3.0 - Display wind and swell directions in degrees
Release date: 2023-11-02
- Tap over the arrows to show the wind and swell direction values.
- Add a banner inviting potential partners to sponsor gonna.surf.
- Whenever gonna.surf was visited between midnight and 1am, forecast for following day was shown in the home page, instead forecast for today. This is now fixed.
v5.2.0 - Documentation update
Release date: 2023-10-12
- Update the documentation about how to interpret the surf forecast with a new visual guide: Reading the surf forecast - The essentials.
- Small layout tweaks in the home page.
v5.1.0 - New forecast overview panel
Release date: 2023-09-23
- Show an overview of the daily conditions in the home page, instead of the hourly recommendation squares.
- Remove the less used forecast map and hourly forecast pages.
- Remove the forecast station located offshore on the East of Lobos Island, and rename 'North' area to 'North-East'.
- Make the app even lighter by loading less content.
v5.0.0 - Narrative surf forecast
Release date: 2023-09-15
- Show a summarized text description of the expected surf conditions.
- Adjust color scale of wind speed so that medium speeds appear orange rather than red.
- Make page background opaque in colorblind-friendly mode.
- Improve app performance.
- Fix a bug where wind speed was shown as 0km/h whenever our data provider published the waves forecast but not the wind forecast yet.
- Ensure that it is possible to rotate the app to landscape mode in most recent version of Android with Chrome browser.
- Correct bugs occasionally causing the tide chart to be stretched horizontally.
v4.17.0 - Detailed forecast enhancements for mobile devices
Release date: 2023-08-06
- Prevent 'show details' and 'show all hours' options from wrapping over two lines in smaller screens.
- Hide the tide level tooltip on mobile devices, whenever the user taps outside of the tide chart.
v4.16.0 - Add beginner-friendly mode, active by default
Release date: 2023-07-17
We introduce a simplified forecast display more suitable for beginners
- Show less details by default, and add a toggle button to show total swell and wind swell data.
- Show the swell height measure more prominently by default, with an option to switch back to swell power.
- Slightly increase font sizes for surf forecast measures and units.
- Ensure that the `flat` badge is not displayed if there is some wind swell.
v4.15.0 - Fine-tune recommendations algorithm
Release date: 2023-06-07
- Update some rules for the forecast recommendations.
- Create a recommendations demonstration page to show which recommendation is made by gonna.surf on varying weather conditions.
- Correct a bug where day navigation was inactive in the early hours of the morning.
v4.14.1 - Data processing bugfixes
Release date: 2023-06-04
- Prevent some errors from occuring, whenever older forecast is removed after a change of day.
v4.14.0 - A more precise tide chart
Release date: 2023-06-01
- The tide is now represented using a curve, so that the variations within the hour can be seen.
- Time of high and low tides are also displayed.
v4.13.0 - Majanicho inside Essentials spot guide
Release date: 2023-05-17
- Publish our fourth spot guide, for Majanicho inside.
v4.12.0 - Guide for magicseaweed users
Release date: 2023-05-16
- Add a transition guide for magicseaweed users switching to gonna.surf.
- Small tweaks of the colors for a more consistent visual identity and better readability.
- Ensure that the moon phase details are shown on tap after change of day, in the detailed and summary surf forecast tables.
v4.11.0 - Usability enhancement - User-friendly error pages
Release date: 2023-05-08
- Add user-friendly error pages. Whenever a visitor lands in a "page not found" URL, a possibly matching page is suggested if detected.
- Set correct page title and description for the detailed surf forecast pages (regression introduced in v4.7.0).
v4.9.1 - Small fixes
Release date: 2023-04-15
- Ensure that the tide tooltips are activated in detailed forecast table when the user changes the day.
- Correct thumbnail image URL metadata, which was wrong in nested pages.
- Define page metadata for the help page about colorblind mode.
v4.9.0 - Small documentation and content updates
Release date: 2023-04-12
- Add a page documenting How to activate the colorblind-friendly mode.
- Update the visitors statistics inside 'Gonna.surf for sponsors' page.
- Add a user testimonial in the about page.
v4.8.0 - Colorblind mode
Release date: 2023-04-10
- Add an option to use colorblind-friendly colors for the surf conditions recommendations.
- Small refreshing of the app icons.
v4.7.0 - Update surf conditions visuals
Release date: 2023-03-21
- Update the forecast conditions display inside home, interactive map and quick forecast pages, in order to have the same presentation as in the detailed surf forecast page.
- Update the preview screenshots in app install menu.
- Change technology used to create the website No visible change, but this allows us to stay fast to add and improve features.
v4.6.0 - App theme color
Release date: 2023-03-13
- Define the theme color value on pages for a more immersive experience on mobile devices, even when the app is not installed.
v4.5.1 - Small bugfixes
Release date: 2023-03-08
- Fix a bug appearing occasionally where the forecast data would not be processed correctly.
- Correct a small typo in the article 'How tu surf in crowded spots'.
v4.5.0 - Enhance mobile app support
Release date: 2023-02-27
We make it easier to install the gonna.surf mobile app
- Display a button to install the app directly (in browsers supporting the feature).
- Create a help page explaining how to install the app.
- Ensure that the top navigation menu always closes down after navigating to a new page on mobile devices.
v4.4.0 - Add safety tips and fix small bugs in the forecast page
Release date: 2023-02-15
- Add video from the Raglan surf report to the safety fundamentals article.
- Fix one more layout bug happening only in Safari browser (🤦), breaking the layout of detailed forecast pages.
- Correct wind direction label rules: 325° should be "onshore", not "N/A".
v4.3.1 - Surf spot name correction
Release date: 2023-02-08
- Correct a typo in North detailed surf forecast page: Derecha spot is also called German's right, not German's left.
v4.3.0 - Surf etiquette via Barefoot Surf tutorials
Release date: 2023-01-23
- We figured that Barefoot Surf publishes surf education content of great quality, so instead of writing our own knowledge base article about the surf etiquette, we direct our readers to theirs. This is done through an affiliate link, meaning that we get a commission in case the readers decide to make a purchase through the links, at no cost to them. The linked articles are totally free.
v4.2.0 - Surfing in crowded spots
Release date: 2023-01-17
- Publish a new article in the knowledge base: 5 tips for surfing in crowded spots and still have fun.
- Split tiles into sections in the home page, for a better visual hierarchy.
v4.1.2 - Forecast details selection bugfix
Release date: 2022-12-25
Correct a bug causing selected forecast not to be properly highlighted in the home page's daily forecast table
v4.1.1 - Data management bugfix
Release date: 2022-12-21
Properly handle an edge case where data provider sends obsolete forecast data for past dates
v4.1.0 - A touch of perfectionism
Release date: 2022-12-09
Where we introduce some tiny tweaks to enhance the accuracy and experience of gonna.surf
- Determine the wind direction label (onshore, offshore...) according to the coast's orientation rather than the swell direction.
- Fine-tune the colors of the visuals in detaield surf forecast to make them stand-out more.
v4.0.0 - Introducing gonna.surf/better, the Knowledge base to help you progress
Release date: 2022-11-22
As surf is becoming increasingly popular globally, and the spots tend to get more and more crowded, having a good understanding about how to behave in the water, and respecting the surf etiquette is crucial. Many surfers are not much aware about these, causing tension in the line-up, and sometimes accidents. Surf can and should be fun and safe for all, this is why we find it important to share knowledge and promote safe behaviour in the water.
- Add a new main section to the website: Surf better, to host a set of educational resources about surfing. First published article: Surf safety fundamentals for total beginners.
- Let users pick their preferred distance measurement unit (metric or imperial). Spot guides and other pages are automatically showing distances in the relevant unit.
- Make the mobile app install smaller (c.f. app install instructions on Instagram).
- Add a privacy friendly way to embed content from youtube.
- Fix an error causing detailed forecast pages to sometimes fail to load data.
- Correct a small layout issue in "how to read a surf forecast" page.
v3.0.3 - Surf report and daytime hours bugfixes
Release date: 2022-11-16
- Prevent surf report from failing to load forecast data (adapt to new data since v3.0 release).
- Fix a bug causing 5am timeslot to be included during winter hours.
v3.0.2 - Direction labels bugfix
Release date: 2022-11-12
- Display correct labels for the wind and swell directions: while the arrows point at where the flow is going to, the label should describe where it comes from.
v3.0.1 - Layout bugfix
Release date: 2022-11-11
- Fix a layout bug causing text to be sized incorrectly when navigating between certain pages.
v3.0.0 - 🔬 Detailed surf forecast
Release date: 2022-11-11
Having summarized and visual indicators for the surf conditions is great, because it saves time and energy in analyzing all the parameters. Sometimes though, it is valuable to be able to check all the details. Are there some other swells besides the primary? How big are the wind waves? This is why we're adding detailed forecast pages.
- Add a detailed forecast pages for all coasts.
- Display the total waves in addition to the primary swell.
- Display wind swell height and direction.
- Show the wave heights visually.
- List the surf spots next to each location.
- Switch between summary and all hours in one tap.
- Show the swell power prominently instead of wave height in all forecast pages.
- Small layout enhancements.
v2.6.0 - 🌅 Install gonna.surf as an app on your smartphone
Release date: 2022-10-25
- Gonna.surf can now be installed on smartphones like an app.
- Make the homepage layout more visual with flippable tiles.
- Add visuals, links and tips to the webcams directory.
- On mobile devices, prevent daily forecast table content to scroll back horizontally when users tap on a forecast recommendation cess.
v2.5.1 - Data extraction bugfix
Release date: 2022-10-24
- Filter out obsolete data whenever the forecast received from the provider contains data for dates earlier than today.
v2.5.0 - Piedra Playa Essentials spot guide
Release date: 2022-10-17
- Publish Piedra Playa Essentials, our third surf spot guide.
v2.4.1 - Daily forecast bugfix
Release date: 2022-10-15
- Prevent an error occurring on day change, preventing the home page from loading.
v2.4.0 - Extend forecast: show up to three days in the future
Release date: 2022-10-13
Our surf forecast is cool already, but not enough. We give it some enhancements in this release, and we're preparing more important changes to be released in a near future.
- Provide forecast for the day after tomorrow.
- Change the daily forecast table so that it only displays one full day at a time, with a buttons to change diplayed day.
- Show the tide level from lowest instead of having the bars start at mid-tide level, to ease readability of the chart.
- Always display the forecast in the Canary Islands time zone, regardless of user device's time zone.
- Adapt text size of the 'how to read a surf forecast' visuals so that it doesn't appear giant when browsing from Safari mobile.
- Small text readability and responsive design fixes in the forecast details panel.
v2.3.1 - Enhance data availability info in daily forecast table
Release date: 2022-10-04
- The daily forecast table is replaced by a notification message instead of being empty, whenever our data provider is not available.
- Under the hood change: host privacy friendly Plausible Analytics under gonna.surf subdomain.
v2.3.0 - La Caleta Essentials spot guide
Release date: 2022-09-27
- Publish La Caleta Essentials surf spot guide.
- Display current surf conditions in the last slide of the spot guides.
- Small layout enhancements for better readability.
- Solve some layout issues in the forecast documentation page.
v2.2.0 - Display swell period next to the swell power
Release date: 2022-09-26
- Show the swell period measure directly in the forecast details panel, instead of having it only available in a tooltip.
- Solve issue where the swell period was not updated when changing forecast hour or location.
- Hide duplicate content in surf report generation tool.
v2.1.0 - Layout enhancements
Release date: 2022-09-20
- Use either all available width or height in the spot guide, and show a plain background color instead of an image.
- Display the spot guides above the alternative forecast options in the home page, when navigating from small screens.
v2.0.0 - 🎉 Punta Blanca essentials spot guide, and a new look for the website
Release date: 2022-09-16
We've been busy this summer. The initial plan was to publish a bunch of visual spot guides, and features to let visitors book a surf class. directly from the website. After a quick check, it turned out that the surf camps and surf instructors don't really need yet another booking platform. So we're focusing on publishing educational content. Oh, and we've also made some 'under-the-hood' changes which help us provide a better user experience.
- Publish our first essentials spot guide, introducing Punta Blanca to surfers in a short visual format.
- Show the daily surf forecast in the home page, instead of having a separate page for it.
- Optimize the hourly surf forecast page for fast loading, ideal when you have a bad cell coverage. Find the new page here: Quick surf forecast.
- Change the way how forecast is displayed in the surf forecast map, for better readability on mobile devices.
- Add page inviting enthusiast visitors to support the project.
- Replace the 'for surf camps' and 'for instructors' page by gonna.surf for sponsors page.
- Change the look-and-feel of the website. We switched the underlying technology in order to get more flexibility, stability and broader browser support.
- Display the approximate read time next to the published educational content.
v2.0.0-pre-5 - 🛫 Fuerteventura North - Surf destination guide
Release date: 2022-08-30
- Add a guide describing Fuerteventura North as a surf destination.
- Simplify the swell visuals in the forecast: the bar char's color is now set based on the swell power, instead of having a separate pill for the swell power.
v2.0.0-pre-4 - Show waves power
Release date: 2022-08-20
- Display the power of waves rather than the swell period. Swell period can still be seen by tapping on the swell power.
- Make 'how to read a surf forecast' page faster to load.
- Small layout tweaks in the home page.
v2.0.0-pre-3 - Landing pages for partners
Release date: 2022-08-03
In preparation of v2 release next fall, a set of pages for partners is added to the site.
v1.5.0 - Small visual enhancements
Release date: 2022-06-24
- Replace forecast overview in home page by images, to clarify that these are clickable links leading to surf forecast page.
- Merge the daily and hourly forecast cards in the home page.
- Enhance layout of 'how to read a surf forecast': make sure that the images don't get too large when displayed on wide screens.
- Misc. other small UI and copywriting enhancements.
- Smooth-scroll when clicking on in6page navigation links.
- Text in buttons should not be underlined.
v1.4.0 - 🌜 Fly me to the moon!
Release date: 2022-06-07
There's more to the tides than 'low', 'mid', 'high'. In this release, moon phases and tide amplitudes are introduced visually in order to better depict how the tide is actually likely to be.
- Display the nearest moon phase and tide amplitude information.
- Center the tide chart at sea level zero, and scale the bars according to the tide's amplitude.
- Update the How to read a surf forecast guide to reflect latest changes.
- Misc. layout enhancements.
v1.3.0 - Daily surf forecast table usability enhancements
Release date: 2022-05-26
- In the home page, enhance display of daily forecast excerpt and navigation towards the full table.
- Ensure that 'today' and 'tomorrow' labels are placed in the relevant column above the daily surf forecast table.
v1.2.0 - 🎚️ display tide in daily forecast table
Release date: 2022-05-25
- Show the tide in the daily forecast table.
- Optimize layout for a better experience in smaller screens.
- Solve an error causing 'today' to be displayed instead of 'tomorrow' in the hourly forecast page.
- Correct a few typos 🤭.
v1.1.0 - Recommendations tweaks and usability enhancements
Release date: 2022-05-10
- Update the surf recommendation rules so that low power swell gives a 'Fair' rather than 'Good' recommendation.
- Daily forecast UI enhancements.
- Ensure that content has a suitable size in Safari browser.
v1.0.0 - Full day forecast view
Release date: 2022-05-07
Gonna.surf can now be used to plan your surf day even more easily, thanks to a new compact visual.
- Add a new daily forecast page with a summarized view of the conditions today and tomorrow in all the locations.
- Create a new home page leading to the different features.
- Fine-tune the colored-coded surf conditions recommendations.
- Enhance page load performance.
- Tweak layout in multiple pages.
- Display the tide in Canary Island time zone rather than GMT.
- Ensure that the whole map is clickable for panning and zooming.
- Update the colored recommendation indicator in the map when user navigates through forecast hours.
v0.37.1 - Handle unavailable data source
Release date: 2022-05-07
- Display an information to the visitors whenever the forecast data is not available.
- Prevent the application from crashing whenever the weather forecast service is not responding.
v0.37.0 - Add a directory of surf spots webcams
Release date: 2022-05-02
- A new page links to known webcams filming the surf spots in the North of the island.
- The forecast cards are ordered according to locations in the hourly forecast page, on larger screens (i.e. West is on the left, North West right above it etc).
- Small updates to the website style.
v0.36.0 - Explain how to read a surf forecast
Release date: 2022-04-21
We add a new page detailing the meaning of all the surf forecast card components.
v0.35.0 - Layout and SEO enhancements
Release date: 2022-04-13
This release groups a set of small usability updates. Also, some information has been added to let search engines better understand what the site is about.
- Tweak minimap colors so that the forecast location markers stand out.
- Simplify the bar charts display: no background and borders for swell height and wind speed bars, and round the bars' corners.
- Make the neutral location recommendation (black border) consistent with the red / amber / green recommendations, in terms of indicator thickness.
- Prevent the content from stretching too much on wide displays.
- Add metadata for search engines.
- Ensure that bar charts get updated when hour changes.
v0.34.1 - Small fixes
Release date: 2022-04-09
- Ensure that the current hour is selected by default, rather than previous hour (bug appeared with daylight saving time).
- Fix spot name shown super small in the surf reports (regression introduced in v0.34.0).
v0.34.0 - Surf report page copywriting
Release date: 2022-04-06
- Add explanations about what the surf report creation tool, and highlight the importance of sharing responsibly.
- Optimize some images for faster page load.
v0.33.0 - Surf report usability enhancements
Release date: 2022-04-05
Small set of changes to enhance the experience while creating surf reports.
- Group the spots by coast in the selection menu.
- Display a placeholder image where the report preview is to be shown, before user uploads his own photo.
- Ensure that our beloved handwritten style font is used on the reports in all devices.
- Ensure that the whole page fits within the screen horizontally, in smaller screens.
v0.32.0 - Site navigation enhancements
Release date: 2022-04-04
- Add links from home page to maps and surf report pages.
- On mobile devices, collapse the top navigation menu when visitors move to another page.
- Add an explicit link to the hourly forecast (home page) in the top navigation menu.
- Animate forecast hour laterally rather than vertically, to match with the arrow buttons directions.
- SEO: update the 'meta' title and description fields, as well as thumbnail images.
- Surf report: fix a bug happening on some mobile devices, where the surf forecast hour from uploaded photo is incorrect.
- Surf report: ensure that the download report button gets enabled on mobile devices.
v0.31.2 - Text scaling in portrait mode surf report
Release date: 2022-04-02
- Fix a bug causing the forecas text to be very small over portrait mode surf report images.
v0.31.1 - Layout bugfix
Release date: 2022-03-30
- Solve an issue causing thelayout to be broken in news and about pages.
v0.31.0 - 👍 Recommended locations
Release date: 2022-03-29
The surf forecast now gets interpreted in order to provide visitors with a visual recommendation. Stay safe, always make sure by yourself that the conditions are OK before going to the water.
- Add a Red / Amber / Green highlight to forecast cards depending on the conditions.
- Make the forecast hour more prominent.
- Better privacy: we self-host the fonts rather than retrieving them from Google fonts.
- Performance: Use only one font instead of two, pre-load the font for faster page rendering.
- Performance: optimize background image for faster loading.
- Ensure that the forecast card diplayed by default in the map on mobile devices is visible on screen.
v0.30.0 - Compact surf forecast display enhancements
Release date: 2022-03-27
This release enhances the previously created compact forecast page in order to display some missing info, while keeping a minimalist layout. A set of small bugs are also fixed at the same occasion.
- Show the swell height and wind speed bar charts in the compact display.
- Display the surf condition labels (flat, power, windy) in the compact forecast display layout.
- Simplify the forecast presentation: remove the horizontal bar chart representing the swell period.
- Instead, color the swell period text depending on the period value: red for very low swell period, orange for low swell period, green for high swell period.
- Fix a bug causing the wind direction label to sometimes be "N/A" instead of "cross-onshore".
- UI: Ensure that the background image covers the whole screen on smaller displays.
- Tweak margins and font sizes to avoid text overlaps happening on certain screen sizes.
v0.29.0 - 🔽 Less is more
Release date: 2022-03-25
The map with all its interactive features takes quite some space, and displaying all of these on smaller screens is a challenge.
To enhance the experience on mobile (77% of the visitors use gonna.surf from their smartphones), a compact version of the forecast is shown instead by default. The map is still here, but in a separate page.
v0.28.1 - Surf report layout enhancements
Release date: 2022-03-24
We made sure that surf reports look great regardless the size and orientation of the uploaded surf pics.
v0.28.0 - Surf report creation tool
Release date: 2022-03-22
Gonna.surf users can now create and share a surf report in few seconds. We tried our best to make it as easy as possible to use.
- Take a picture of the spot.
- Pick the spot name.
- Tell how the conditions are (wave quality, crowd).
- Share the surf report.
Try it now at gonna.surf/surf-report!
v0.27.0 - News page
Release date: 2022-03-21
Publish the present page, to inform visitors about the evolutions of gonna.surf.
v0.26.0 - 💪 Show swell power
Release date: 2022-03-13
- Show a tooltip on mobile devices for power badge (in order to display the power measure).
- Update about page meta description for search engines.
v0.25.0 - ↔ Extend available forecast + Usability enhancements
Release date: 2022-03-12
- Forecast for the whole next day is now always available, instead of only up to in 24 hours.
- Tide prediction is now always shown on larger screens.
- Add links to gonna.surf's social media accounts.
- Fix bar charts inconsistent sizes occasionally happening.
v0.24.0 - ℹ About page
Release date: 2022-03-08
Add a page describing the project
v0.20.0 to v0.23.0 - Usability enhancements
Release date: 2022-02-25 to 2022-03-07
Sets of changes and bug fixes mainly related to layout.
v0.19.0 - Tide display
Release date: 2022-02-24
Show the tide prediction (bar chart and height in meters)
v0.18.0 - Add tooltip to forecast marker
Release date: 2022-02-23
Display the name of forecast station next to the markers, instead of inside the forecast cards
v0.17.0 - Cluster surf spot markers
Release date: 2022-02-23
Whenever multiple surf spots are close to each other, they get clustered, to avoid overlapping icons.
- Cluster surf spot markers dynamically depending on zoom level.
- Add 'La Derecha de los Alemanes' (aka 'German's right') to the spots.
- Update website thumbnail image.
- Update website favicon.
v0.16.0 - Usability enhancements
Release date: 2022-02-22
Layout tweaks mainly aimed at display on mobile devices
v0.15.0 - 🖼 Visual forecast display
Release date: 2022-02-21
- Represent swell and wind directions using large icons oriented as suitable.
- show large swell height and wind speed measurs.
- show bar charts for swell height , swell periods and wind speed.
v0.14.0 - Switch map technology
Release date: 2022-02-20
Use mapLibre instead of Leaflet to power the interactive maps. This fixes an issue on mobile devices where taps were not always working.
v0.13.0 - Display surf spots
Release date: 2022-02-09
- In addition to the surf forecast points, the main surf sports of Fuerteventura North shore are now shown on the map: Punta Blanca, Majanicho, El Cotillo (Piedra playa), El Hierro, Punta Elena, Flag Beach, El Burro, Playa del Moro).
- Round measurements to either zero or one decimal based on selected unit.
v0.12.0 - More compact mobile design
Release date: 2022-02-08
v0.11.1 - Display correct forecast hour in Safari
Release date: 2022-02-06
- Safari now displays the correct forecast hour instead of an obscure error message.
v0.11.0 - Choose your unit
Release date: 2022-02-04
Gonna.surf v0.11.0 lets user choose the measurement units they perfer.
- Users can select their preferred measurement units for wave height (meter, feet) and wind speed (knots, m/s, km/h, Bft, mph). The preferences are saved in the browser storage for re-use in next visits.
- Hide non-essential information by default on mobile devices.
v0.10.0 - responsive design and small UX enhancements
Release date: 2022-02-02
Enhance the experience on small screens.
v0.9.1 - Time zone fixes
Release date: 2022-02-01
- Ensure that Canary Islands time zone is always used.
- Fix time formatting, which was not always the same depending on the web browser used.
v0.9.0 - Time travel
Release date: 2022-02-01
Users can now navigate and explore the hourly forecast in the next 24 hours.
- Fix an issue where server uses incorrect time zone to filter forecast hours.
v0.8.0 - 🌍 Interactive map display
Release date: 2022-01-25
As of this versions, an interactive map is presented to the visitors
- Let users zoom in and out, and pan through the map.
- Display the forecast cards at the location of the weather stations.
- Show a 'flat' badge whenever the waves have very low power.
v0.7.0 - Further enhancements
Release date: 2022-01-14
- Add copyright attribution notices.
v0.6.1 - Layout fixes
Release date: 2022-01-10
- Fix mobile layout .
- Correct arrows orientation for sell and wind directions.
v0.6.0 - Enhance forecast display
Release date: 2022-01-10
First steps are making the forecast more visual, and also shown in a more compact manner.
v0.5.0 - 🌟 Hello, surf forecast!
Release date: 2022-01-06
Here we go! This is the first version of the website displaying surf forecast information, with data extracted from the Spanish Meteorology Agency (AEMET).
- Display the weather forecast conditions in the next hour in 6 forecast stations of Fuerteventura North. Indicators:
- Swell height.
- Swell period.
- Wind speed.
- Wind direction.
- Update the forecast automatically every 30 minutes.
v0.4.0 - 3D Watercolor map of Fuerteventura North
Release date: 2021-12-18
In this release, we make the website more visual by displaying a map of Fuerteventura North.
- Display Fuerteventura map as full page background, with 3D shaded relief.
- Give the site this hand-written, less formal look thanks to paperCSS framework.
- Update project description text.
- Remove UI mockups.
v0.3.0 - Small enhancements
Release date: 2021-10-19
Refine home page content, add mockups of the solution.
v0.2.0 - Basic enhancements
Release date: 2021-10-06
Complete some basic setup for the website
- Integrate privacy-friendly analytics solution 'Plausible analytics', in order to measure the visits.
- Add a favicon.
v0.1.0 - 🚀 Just getting started
Release date: 2021-10-05
First release of the website, containing only a brief description and a 'coming soon' message.